Reitz High School

Reitz High School
Evansville, IN

Monday, August 12, 2013

Welcome to the 2013-2014 School Year

We can now put the summer of 2013 in the books.  I hope everyone had a great and restful summer.  I know my blogging for the past few months has been hit and miss, but starting this week the blog should be back to a weekly basis.  I intend to start out with a series on the qualities of an eLearning coach.  With more and more school districts going to 1:1, eLearning coaches are essential for the program to be successful.  I hope you will join me this year as we cover many great topics that I hope will be beneficial to you!  As always, feel free to check out the blog archives.  There are many good articles with useful tools and information. 

I would also like to plug my tools website.  The tools on this website are free and teacher friendly.  It is a constant work in progress.  My colleague Tim Wilhelmus and I will be adding new material each month, so check back often.  The web address for that is www.creativitytools.weebly.com

Many Indiana schools started back today and I am sure many parents are rejoicing.  This summer was fantastic!  I feel honored to have presented at three different eLearning conferences.   Many Indiana educators took time out of their summer to attend and present at The Summer of eLearning conferences.  These conferences were held around the state where many sessions were offered to help teachers, administrators, and coaches to utilize technology in the classroom.

Here is a Summer of eLearning video that Jason Bailey, the senior eLearning strategist for the Indiana Department of Education, put together.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment