Reitz High School

Reitz High School
Evansville, IN

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Count Your Blessings


           You have read my articles about my stances on technology and education. Here on Thanksgiving weekend I wanted to change things up and do an article on the things that I am thankful for.  I thought this would be a great way that you could get to know me personally.

            First of all, I am thankful for my parents.  They did a terrific job of raising me and instilling in me a great work ethic, good values, and bringing me up in a Bible believing home.  They were an awesome example of what a marriage is supposed to be like and how to have an unconditional love for my own wife and daughters.  If I could be just half the dad my father was to me, I would be doing fine.

            I am thankful for my wife and two daughters.  I have always heard the saying that behind every good man is a great woman.  I am a believer in that statement.  I certainly would not be where I am today without the encouragement, love, and support of my beautiful wife.  My two daughters are the apples of my eye.  They are true blessings to me.  They have brought me many smiles and laughs in the last fifteen years.  It is amazing how raising children makes you say things your parents said to you. 

            I am thankful for my brother and his family.  He also taught me many things as I was growing up.  He is seven years older than I am, so I had the advantage of seeing first hand of what to say and NOT to say to my mom and dad.  Thanks Steve!  I thank you for going through things first and making the mistakes so I didn’t have to.  My brother and his wife have twin boys.   My nephews definitely keep things very interesting.  Raising boys is sure different than girls.  I enjoy watching them keep my big brother on his toes.

            I am thankful for the family that I married in to.  I am not just saying this to get brownie points.  I know my mother-in-law reads this blog, but I would say the same even if she did not.  You don’t just marry a spouse; you marry their family as well.  I am blessed with great in-laws that have been wonderful to us throughout our almost 19 years of marriage.  You will never find a more generous family that would do anything for you.  My wife’s sister just had a baby that is now about six months old and she is a doll.  She has and will totally brighten up this Christmas season for all of us.

            I am thankful for my job.  I love what I do.  I truly enjoy seeing teachers understand technology and how to use it in their classroom.  I love to see teachers get excited about something new that I was able to show them.  That joy gets passed on to their students and helps them get excited about learning as well.  I also enjoy providing PD for the students.  I still get the classroom experience once and a while by teaching students how to use a certain web tool or piece of software for a class project or assignment.  I really could not be any happier than where I am. 

            I am thankful for a wonderful church.  Not everyone is able to find a great church home.  My family has been blessed with one that has provided the things we need to grow as Christians.  I am thankful that Jesus is my Savior and that he came to this earth to save me so that I can have eternal life.

            I am thankful for my home, cars that run, and all of my wonderful friends.  I am thankful to have been born and live in the United States where we have the freedoms that we take for granted each day.  I am thankful for people in the military that are willing to risk their life to protect our great nation.

            I am blessed beyond belief and way more than I deserve.  No matter where you live or what your situation is, I hope you can take the time to count the positives in your life and give thanks for each of them.  I would like to wish a Happy Thanksgiving to all of my BlogSpot readers.  I hope you have a blessed weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment